IMSI format

Fri Feb 25 16:31:44 UTC 2011

Hello.
I'm trying to send a location update message using IMSI, but I never receive
a reply from the BSC (Authentication request, identity request or location
reject).
If I change the location update identity using a TMSI, then I receive an
Authentication Request or an Identity Request.
Could be the IMSI format worng? The used IMSI is valid. I copy the string
containing this one into the subscriber imsi field.
Should I use an encoding function?
I hope the issue is clear.
Thanks in advance for support.