layer23 bursts - strategy for filtering IA's for tmsi based on downlink traffic only?

MATTHEW EVANS mattjevans at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 23 09:53:34 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I am running some tests/experiments with the burst_ind branch. I want to be able
to only follow the immediate assignments for my TMSI as it is difficult to
verify that the bursts are indeed my traffic. However, I suspect this is not
possible using only downlink traffic as without the channel request from the MS
I cannot match the resulting IA? I would need to capture uplink too?

I would be grateful if someone could confirm if this is the case or if there is
a way around this issue?

Many thanks,

Matt.