Mediatek MT6235 status (Sciphone G2)

Marcin.Mielczarczyk at tieto.com Marcin.Mielczarczyk at tieto.com
Fri Feb 18 10:46:23 UTC 2011

> The biggest unknown part so far is the ARM/DSP shared memory interface, and the "API" (rather an ABI) that is used to exchange information on it.

I agree, as I have the same problem here to run audio.

> I have done some initial research, but given my high workload with other (interesting + paid) GSM protocol R&D related work,
> I still cannot make any promises when we'll actually see some progress here.

No problem.

> If anyone else feels interested to dive into it, feel free to do so.
> Especially the RF transceiver driver, TDMA timer driver, etc. should all be possible to develop right now based on the documentation that is available.

I'm gonna dive into this topic.
That's something where I don't have experience so it'll take me some time to understand it, but it's worth effort.
As I mentioned some time ago I had adventure with L2/3 development and I'm gonna refresh my knowledge. I'm also eager to try something new, so I'll be satisfied stepping down into RF part.

BR,
Marcin