Mediatek MT6235 status (Sciphone G2)

Scott Weisman sweisman at pobox.com
Fri Feb 18 09:40:44 UTC 2011

This is a very nice effort. I have an HTC Kaiser running FroYo, and I would
like to add some observations based on this phone, which is more capable in
every respect than the G2. The Kaiser is just barely adequate. While the G2
can run Linux, and by extension, Android, it's just too underpowered to make
it usable, IMHO. I haven't seen Android on more modern hardware, but I
imagine it would be similar in responsiveness to the iPhone 4, which is VERY
smooth. It's too bad that there doesn't seem to be any alternative that is
responsive enough on lighter, but still capable, hardware like this.