mt6516 / Android / GPL violation

André andre at ac.nl.eu.org
Mon Feb 14 09:19:29 UTC 2011

Hi Marius,

To my best knowledge, Mediatek's SDK for MT6516 is based around Android.
Therefore, I guess, virtually all phones with this chip will run Android
as shipped from factory, and it turn, that means, that good chunk of
code is GPL. In theory, this means, that getting source code is
enforceable. Anybody familiar enough with http://gpl-violations.org/ to
submit this case there?

Regards,
André.