Hello, Fonts and a LCDgui (plain text)

Christian Vogel vogelchr at vogel.cx
Mon Feb 7 20:16:08 UTC 2011

Hello Rade,

> It seems like there have not been any follow ups on proportional fonts
> and the remaining ascii characters as well as the possibility to view
> different sizes of fonts on the screen.

There has been a followup on 2010-10-11, which is
http://lists.osmocom.org/pipermail/baseband-devel/2010-October/000665.html

This will give you a pixel-addressable framebuffer on the C123 and C155,
with a choice of fonts to choose from and can draw lines and boxes.

Unfortunately this is not too useful these days, because the stack
currently
runs separated into layer1 (on the phone) and mobile (on the host pc), so
that the indication of the loaded firmware is more or less sufficient.

Furthermore, the "nicer" fonts need quite a lot of memory, and most people
still
run the firmware from RAM, so memory is a scarce resource, for little gain.
(in Flash the fonts wouldn't really

But I also think that some kind of user-amusement wouldn't be that bad, so
please
feel free to elaborate on what I've done last year.

Greetings,

         Chris