GsmMap without GPS

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 13:57:46 UTC 2011

> As I said in a previous post, I don't see why I need to have a GPS to get an approximation of my location. I then suggested using an open source cell list or Google API.

But cell_log is _not_ about finding _your_ location ...

It's about trying to find the location of the _bts_ and for that you
need a _precise_ location for you. (or else you're just gonna get
unusable garbage out ...)

cell_log would typically be used to create the database like google
has to locate (using another software) you only using the bts you can
see.

Cheers,

    Sylvain