thinking about the sim

Sébastien Lorquet squalyl at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 12:02:15 UTC 2011

hi,

thinking more about the SIM.

I started to look at the code and I now have some ideas on how to do that.

Just a question for the moment:

The SIM code is common to all apps so I'm looking at
src/host/layer23/src/common/main.c .

I see that the handle_options() is the proper place to add a --sim
option that would become available to all l23 apps to choose the SIM
implementation to use (l1ctl, pcsclite, etc.)

But the handle_options() function does not take the struct osmocom_ms
*ms pointer as a parameter. And I would need that to setup the proper
functions for the SIM.

Is this lack of parameters on purpose? Can I do this sort of change
without being
(understandably) barked at? There is no API breaking involved,
handle_options() is static.

The result is that for the moment, handle_options() can only access a
struct l23_app_info *app.
So for my own amusement, I will do the required changes until someone
discourages me with a serious reason (in my own branch, in my own
repository)

I'm just playing with the code now.

Sebastien