Fwd: Cell_log > gsmmap

Martin Hauke mardnh at gmx.de
Tue Feb 1 19:13:43 UTC 2011

On 01.02.2011 09:43, Dario Lombardo wrote:

> On 01/31/2011 05:08 PM, Sébastien Lorquet wrote:
>> I don't see a huge problem here.
>>
>> Why not just parse whatever message with interesting info we get?
>>
>> if (!strcmp("$GPGLL") {
>>     // extract coordinates and update buffer
>> } else if(!strcmp("$GPGGA)) {
>>     // extract coordinates and update buffer
>> } else if(!strcmp("$GPRMC)) {
>>     // extract coordinates and update buffer
>> } else
>> if(!strcmp("$GPSuperProprietaryMessageWithAwesomePrecisionData")) {
>>     // extract coordinates and update buffer
>> } else {
>>     // no luck with this message
>>     return;
>> }
>>
> I agree with this approach. I think that is scales well if a new
> device (even not nmea) wants to be supported.
how about a proper gpsd-integration? I've some spare time in the end of
this month to try it.
I would parse only one least common NMEA-sentence. As Mad said the
"GPRMC"-sentence should be a good candidate for this.
All other GPS-input-messages could be read via libgpsd from gpsd (which
seems to be able to read  even most obscure GPS-binary formats).

best regards,
Martin