Creating a real usable phone using OsmocomBB

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Dec 11 14:11:50 UTC 2011

Harald Welte wrote:
> What does the community on this list think?  Which way shoul we go?

I think that C1xx is the only worthwhile road.

Both phones need more work to get something useful, and I think that
making it as widely available and usable as possible is highest
priority, to boost the project by also getting users involved.

Currently the threshold is high to run osmocomBB. If there is a phone
which can dial out and receive incoming calls then the threshold is
very low. Almost no UI and no features needed. Only start with the
most basic functionality: calling, and then go from there.

//Peter