GPRS decode:FTDI cable

Lukas Kuzmiak lukash at backstep.net
Tue Aug 30 12:56:56 UTC 2011

Hey,

I'm not sure about a cable as a product, but what I have is a cable made
using this module:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/DataSheets/Modules/DS_FT4232H_Mini_Module.pdf
http://apple.clickandbuild.com/cnb/shop/ftdichip?op=catalogue-products-null&prodCategoryID=75&title=<http://apple.clickandbuild.com/cnb/shop/ftdichip?op=catalogue-products-null&prodCategoryID=75&title=FT4232H+Module>
FT4232H+Module<http://apple.clickandbuild.com/cnb/shop/ftdichip?op=catalogue-products-null&prodCategoryID=75&title=FT4232H+Module>

All you need is a module a little soldering skills (just cables and
connectors, no more electronics, everything is included in the module).

Btw, this module gives you 4 UARTs, there is also a module with only 2
UARTs, depends what you prefer etc.

This works just fine with Osmocom, linux kernel has a driver included, it
provides 4 /dev/ttyUSBx devices.

Lukas