GRPS decode - trying to download firmware to C123

smithmr103 at gmail.com smithmr103 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 23:09:24 UTC 2011

Hello list,

I'm newbee so excuse me for my very basic question.
I follow all the instructions on srlabs.de/gprs given by Karsten

I have a C123 and a USB / jack 2.5mm - pl2303 based :(

All steps are fine until I try to programm the compal ram ;)

./host/osmocon/osmocon -m c123xor -p /dev/ttyUSB0
./target/firmware/board/compal_e88/layer1.compalram.bin

I get :

PROMPT1...
PROMPT2...
handle_write(): xxxx bytes (xxxx/yyyy)
handle_write(): xxxx bytes (xxxx/yyyy)
Received 1 byte : xx
Received 1 bytes : yy
Finally I received e.r.r.o.r (byte by byte)
NOT ACK RECEIVED...

I can also get (not with the same firmware...) :

PROMPT1...
PROMPT2...
handle_write(): xxxx bytes (xxxx/yyyy)
handle_write(): finished

and then... nothing...

I'm going to test the cable, as Philipp has told to Pavel.
I also bought a RS232 / Jack unlocking Motorola (C123) cable and I own a
BlackBox FTDI based USB/RS232 cable... So I'll test it as soon as I
receive the cable.

Do you think is a matter of cable, who is supposed to be osmocom
compatible, or a phone issue or even the USB port... ?

Thank you very much for your help and excuse me again with this kind of
'stupid' question about cable.
I read almost all the subjects, I did a lot of experimentations in a lot
of git branch (master, testing, burst_ind - of course not working with
PL2303 ... + d1cb8ea9b784c7acbafbb2fdcedbdf4655c2f6f5 not working too)

I think it must work at least in the master branch...

Smith