Osmocom + Freerunner compilation issue

zredlined zredlined at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 11:32:08 UTC 2011

These are the lines the compiler is referring to in netinet/in.h:

/* Get system-specific definitions.  */
#include <bits/in.h>

/* Functions to convert between host and network byte order.

   Please note that these functions normally take `unsigned long int' or
   `unsigned short int' values as arguments and also return them.  But
   this was a short-sighted decision since on different systems the types
   may have different representations but the values are always the same.
*/

:365 extern uint32_t ntohl (uint32_t __netlong) __THROW __attribute__
((__const__));
:366 extern uint16_t ntohs (uint16_t __netshort)
:367      __THROW __attribute__ ((__const__));
:368 extern uint32_t htonl (uint32_t __hostlong)
:369     __THROW __attribute__ ((__const__));
:370 extern uint16_t htons (uint16_t __hostshort)
:371     __THROW __attribute__ ((__const__));

I do not believe it is a syntax error, it's possibly a re-declaration of
these functions with different input and outputs. If I change the function
names to "ntohl1" for example, the program compiles successfully.

Holger: Where can I download the patch you made to pass parameters correctly
to the libosmocore make file?

All: If this does not work correctly soon, I'll take your advice and try
debian on the openmoko

Thanks!