Osmocom on Neo Freerunner can't finish loading

Dave Schmidt dvsm89 at gmx.com
Mon Apr 18 15:09:19 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

I have compiled osmocon binary for Neo Freerunner (after receiving explanations from the list - thanks Alex!). It worked... during some time. Now the loading does not finish:

# ./osmocon -i 13 -m romload -p /dev/ttySAC0 layer1.highram.bin
Sending Calypso romloader beacon...
Sending Calypso romloader beacon...
Received parameter ack from phone, starting download
Preparing block 44, block checksum is 0x8c
handle_write_block(): 1024 bytes (1024/1024)
handle_write_block(): Block 44 finished
Received block ack from phone
Preparing block 45, block checksum is 0x97
handle_write_block(): 1024 bytes (1024/1024)
handle_write_block(): Block 45 finished

...and it stalls at this point. Altogether, there were 47 blocks, if I remember right (so the feeling is that "I'm so close to it" :-))). The phone is otherwise accessible (via ssh).

Any highlights on what could go wrong? I can't remember having "done" anything at all to the phone...

Dave.