online shop for usb T191 cable

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Apr 13 12:32:24 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 11:16:06PM -0700, wpatan wrote:
> Hello. Can you check the chipset being used? Is it based on FTDI or Prolific?
> I have lots of Prolific cables.. but I need FTDI based cables because it's
> the only way where we can run non-standard baud rates.

The FTDI chips are significantly more expensive than the PL2303, so you will
not commonly find them in consumer electronics.

As the T191 cables are intended for low / standard baudrate applications,
I would be _Extremely_ surprised if you ever find a cable with the proper
2.5mm plug that has a FTDI chip.

Better to build one yourself, or buy one of the FTDI cables from their webshop
and solder your own 2.5mm plug to it.