OsmocomBB.TCH.

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Thu Sep 30 08:53:44 UTC 2010

Hello Marten,

First of all please be aware that OsmocomBB is now in a state where it
can be used for voice calls without any special tricks so there is no
need to tune on the voice traffic of the HP8922 GSM testset, you can use
the GSM testset as a normal basestation.

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 23:00:44 +0000, "Marten Christophe" <technosabby at gmail.com> wrote:

> Q.1)  i learned from wiki how to change ARFCN from Layer on application by
> using below command,  but how to tune right TS ?
>
> ./layer23 -a 871 -i 127.0.0.1

For my inital TCH testing I did not use Layer23 at all, I only used Layer1
in the phone with special test code using a fixed ARFCN.

> Q.2) even If OsmocomBB Layer1 CTL is able to tune to right ARFCN and Time
> Slot, will i be able to listen what so ever broadcasting from HP8922 from
> C123 speaker or PC speaker. non-encrypted, debugging non-hopping)

Yes.

> Q.3) what command and interface will be used to enter the frequency hoping
>  parameter, in case i will use FH option? to tune OsmocomBB  l1CTL

You have to write your one code if you want to do this without Signalling
beeing involved.

> Q.4) How to enter Minimalistic L1 interface, what is interface available to
> insert theses command to layer1

You can use the L1CTL API to setup a TCH with your own code, but its
probably easier to setup the TCH with signalling (either MOC or MTC),
this way you don't need to modify the code and still get the TCH running.

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de