AW: LAPDm bug: How to exit LAPDm_STATE_TIMER_RECOV state

Andreas.Eversberg Andreas.Eversberg at versatel.de
Mon Oct 25 09:25:31 UTC 2010

>> you are right. in case of an RR "response" (or an I frame) with the F
>> bit set to "1", there is no clearing of the "timer recovery state".
in
>> other cases (RNR, REJ) it is handled.

> Where did you see that an I-Frame with the F bit set should clear the
> condition ?

you are right. i searched through the document. the I-Frame is handled
during "timer recovery state", but this state is not cleared then.

anyway: i am missing  the description for "Receiving RR frames". A
general description for RR, RNR, REJ is given in 5.5.3, but it does not
describe what todo on a valid RR response with F bit set to "1". this is
why i missed it.