osmocom on windows

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Thu Oct 7 11:44:50 UTC 2010

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 02:22:52 -0700 (PDT), "eisencah eisenach" <wbg_1000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I would like to compile the hole thing for windows (change in the osmocore
> lib the suport functions - use maybe pipes instead of sockets).

What is the whole thing ? The phone firmware has to be compiled by an
ARM compiler, and if you use GNU ARM, you need Cygwin anyway.

If you want to use a different compiler for the host software, you most
certainly have to adjust quite a lot of the source code, expecially
when using the Microsoft C compiler.

And why use pipes instead of sockets, Windows has sockets.

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de