Linux + u-boot port to MT6235

Rahul Khanna osmocom at nohup.in
Tue Nov 9 08:46:42 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Wolfgang Spraul <wolfgang at sharism.cc> wrote:

> Steve,
>
> > By the way - many shops still sell the "Sciphone G2+", do you know
> > the difference compared to the G2? One thing I noticed is that the
> > G2 seems to be triple-band (there's a 850/1800/1900 and a
> > 900/1800/1900 variant), and the G2+ quad-band.
> >
> > Can you confirm this?
>
> A positive confirmation for this kind of thing is really hard.
> I asked Bluelans sales, and they said they never sold a "G2+". They
> thought some online shops just added the '+' to improve their sales
> over the ones that have no plus :-)
> As for the G2 being triple-band, do you have some links? All I heard
> is that G2 is quad-band. The box I am holding in my hand says
> "Quad-band phone with WIFI", although that also doesn't need to mean
> much.
> I could imagine that some ICs on the G2 can do quad, but other
> components on the board (filters?) actually pick 3 of those 4?
>
> So - I can only ask back :-) Can anyone confirm that the G2 is really
> and fully quad-band? Maybe we have to wait until OsmocomBB is at the
> point that we see it running...
>
> I google
> "Sciphone Dream G2 tri-band" : 10,300 results
> "Sciphone Dream G2 quad-band" : 15,800 results
>
> Welcome to China :-)
> Of course you also find "tri-band GMS" and whatever other typos.
> Sorry I have no definitive answer.
> Wolfgang

Hi All,

First and foremost, *awesome* work :-)

I have been searching for getting Linux on MT 6235 after I happen to
get this phone in India

http://flyphone.in/products/B%20450.html?model_name=B%20450

I think it is based on MT 6235, as when I connect it using the USB
cable to a Windows box and select the camera mode it identifies the
camera as MT 6235. Reading in a document I found online (one question
here, can I paste the link to the source which I found online, it is a
confidential MTK presentation), it states that MT 6235 can only
support up to 2MP camera and it states that MT 6238 can support upto
3MP, the phone manual says 3.2MP.

Pardon my ignorance, but what would be the best way (source to read,
experiment and create serial cable) to replicate the work you guys are
doing with this phone. I tried the MTK flashtool but it fails, though
it detects the phone as MT 6229.

Thanks,
Rahul