MTK status update

Steve Markgraf steve at steve-m.de
Fri May 14 21:56:58 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I wanted to give a short status update on the MTK platform, I spent the
last day implementing a minimal subset of the MTK romloader protocol in
osmocon.

We can now run our own C-code on the MT622x, I started by modifying the
linker script and run proms loader (because it doesn't need interrupts,
the interrupt redirection isn't yet figured out).

When writing something to the UART TX register, I see the output in
osmocon, and writing to the Baseband powerup register works as well
(otherwise you would have to hold down the power-button all the time).

Unfortunately there are no schematics for the Mobistel phone I've been
testing this with, so I haven't found out how to enable e.g. the
backlight, nothing happens when activating PWM1/2.

Today I tried to modify the Calypso UART driver for the MTK UART, but
currently I'm stuck with a strange hang somewhere in the driver, maybe
I'll look after it tomorrow.

That was it for the moment...

Regards,
Steve