Request for help with PA power measurements

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed May 5 16:44:13 UTC 2010

Hi again,

Similar to the VCTCXO measurements, we also need to do RF-PA output
power measurements.  The Racal 6103 can measure the power level of
bursts we transmit.

The Tx power is set at "dsp_api.db_w->d_power_ctl = ABB_VAL(AUXAPC, 0xC0)" so
we need to determine for which AUXAPC value we get how much power at the
antenna connector.

Using the resulting table of measurement results, we can compute what
AUXAPC value we should use for what intended transmit power.

I am aware that those measurements should idaelly be done on each and
every phone, as they might differ.  However, I'm quite confident that
by using values that are correct on one phone, we shouldn't be too
much off on other phones.  At least not by an order of magnitude ;)

Thanks in advance,