fixing socket name

willem itsme at xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 29 19:59:25 UTC 2010

On 2010-03-29 16:39:31, willem wrote:
> On 2010-03-29 12:52:11, Holger Freyther wrote:
>
>> On Monday 29 March 2010 12:39:48 willem wrote:
>>

>>> the /tmp/osmoncon*  sockets created by osmocon are created one character
>>> too short.
>>>

>> Can you explain?
>>

> the sockaddr struct for named sockets is defined like this ( on my mac )
>

> struct    sockaddr_un {
>     unsigned char    sun_len;    /* sockaddr len including null */
>     sa_family_t    sun_family;    /* [XSI] AF_UNIX */
>     char        sun_path[104];    /* [XSI] path name (gag) */
> };
>
> the sun_len value is ignored.
> but the total length of the struct passed to bind / connect
> should include it.
>
> without this fix, the second time i run './osmocon'  it will complain:
> Failed to bind the unix domain socket
> since it tried to unlink the correct name, but called bind with a one
> char too short name.

now checked cygwin headers. there the sun_len member is missing.
the more portable way would be to use SUN_LEN(&local)

i also noticed that the cygwin version of 'bind' apparently ignores the
socklen_t parameter.
and internally uses strlen to find the length.

on freebsd and osx you should use the SUN_LEN macro to pass the correct
length of
the sockaddr_un struct.

willem