C123 crashing (?)

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Mar 14 16:21:38 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 12:06:07PM +0100, Patrick McHardy wrote:

> Yeah, its the one you sent me. I'll try a different one tommorrow.

any progress / result with that?

Holger and I have discussed your problems yesterday, but we really don't
have an idea at this point.

Some (relatively stupid) ideas to debug it:

1) does hello_world.bin work for you at all?

2) what happens if you change the timing, i.e. add a couple of delays
   to see if the reboot happens after a certain fixed wallclock time or
   really depends on the code that is executed

3) what about using layer1.bin and the layer23 program on an ARFCN
   that is produced by OpenBSC + nanoBTS?  This is the most frequently
   used setup by Dieter, Holger and myself so far.  This way we can
   exclude the possibility that something received from the real
   operator GSM network in your location causes the problem