building firmware

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Thu Mar 11 03:12:00 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 10 March 2010 21:52:35 chekov wrote:
> it looks like it can't build some .o-files because of a missing
> src/select.h
> there is an select.h located at:
> ./shared/libosmocore/include/osmocore/select.h

Not src/select.h, sys/select.h

If you take a look at the configure.in of libosmocore we check for two header
files being present. These are execinfo.h and sys/select.h. So this error boils
down to the toolchain you are using. E.g. I'm using a full blown ARM Linux
GNU/EABI toolchain with glibc headers in it and have a sys/select.h.

I would be happy to see a patch that adds an autoconf switch (e.g. --enable-
bare, --enable-minimal) and then only enable tests, talloc and these two
header checks if it is not enabled.

z.