C155 display driver

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Mar 7 11:23:13 UTC 2010

Hi Steve,

I have now partially merged your C155 display driver.  Partial, since
I only merged those parts that didn't break the build for C123.

So what needs to be done soon:
* support multipe 'boards' in our Makefile magic, producing NR_BOARDS * NR_APPS
  images as a result.
* merge those parts that are identical between board_e88 and board_e99
  and create something like a calypso_init() function, keeping only board
  specific bits in the board_init()
* introduce some "lcd_puts()" macro that is defined to either of the two
  display drivers, depending on the board that we're building for.

If anyone is posting patches (or a git branch) for that, I'd be happy to merge
them.

Later on, I want a LCD abstraction layer that hides the details from
the apps.  The app should not have to care about color/monochrome, or the
fact that the X/Y coordinates seem to be inverted between the displays.

I personally have no interest in doing that, as GSM related work has much
higher priority to me.  I hope somebody in the community will take care of the
task. Thanks in advance!