Strange Problem / Cheap Cables

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Mar 3 08:27:10 UTC 2010

Hi Lubomir,

On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 04:31:42AM +0100, Lubomir Schmidt wrote:

> You can get here extremely cheap the defenetly correct cable(i buy it
> with hope it could be the right one and had luck. Now everybothy can
> get a cheap one):
>
> http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14664
>
> You could add/change that in the wiki.

done.

> a real com Port from a older Notebook.
>
> I run:
> ./osmocon -m c123 -p /dev/ttyS0 ../where_the_firmware_is/hello_world.bin
>
> And get the result you see in the attachment.

I think you should use 'c123xor' rather than 'c123'.  Apart from that,
I cannot comment if it works (or should work) on MacOS.  Maybe somebody
else on this list uses MacOS and can comment on it.

> Phone: It is an C118 with Firmware 1.0.75 and it is locked to Vodafone DE.
> I tried today nearly 5 hours all tools for windows i could find to
> unlock the phone.

Please don't discuss sim unlocking on this mailing list, it is really
off-topic.  The locking is implemented in the original Motorola/Compal/Ti
software, which we absolutely don't use in this project.  So whatever locks
are in place, it simply doesn't matter.