TS M30 files processing

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Mar 9 08:57:17 UTC 2010

Hi Hopsing K,

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 10:48:39PM +0100, Hopsing K wrote:

> I was preparsing the TS M30g smStack a bit and
> came out with something like this:
> http://netplugin.sourceforge.net/  ++append+next++
> htmltag/CC/cc_act.c.pinfo.main.php
> (please concat the two url parts).

Thanks for sharing this.

However, please consider that even while the TSM30 code has been
available online for some 5 years now (and thus the information
contained in it can no longer be considered a trade secret): The code
still has copyright, i.e. without the explicit approval of the copyright
holders you cannot redistribute it and make copies (like now on
netplugin.sf.net).

> I wondered weather I could support this project a
> bit by processing some more of the TS M30 files.

Thanks a lot for your offer.  I suppose those people who look at the
TSM30 code so far (including myself) are using non-networked tools like
'ctags' / 'etags' for source navigation.

>   Also some hint:
>   Isnt there a software only way to run the stack:
>   Put even Layer1 on the PC ? Then connect
>   directly to BTC software? Kind off skip the messy
>   embedded thing altogether for development.

this is something I've been thinking about in the past. but then you
need to

1) implement a 'fake BTS' that implements at least the Layer2 (possibly
   also Layer1) over e.g. multicast IP
2) Connect this 'fake BTS' to OpenBSC
3) implement a 'fake layer1' for the MS side implementing the same
   "Um over multicast IP" approach.