layer2/3 interface

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Mar 1 11:27:46 UTC 2010

Hi!

I'm currently working on getting the integration between l1, l2 and l3
running.

As it seems to me, using at least the RLL part of RSL as an interface
between l2 and l3 seems to make a lot of sense.  After all, it contains
all information we need, such as timeslot/subslot/sapi/... and supports
all the various {data,unit_data,establish}{{request,indication} messages.

So my idea is to generate a RSL RLL message in L2 and send ot to L3 and
vice versa.

I'll commit it to the 'uplink' branch as soon as I have something useful.