SIM card cuttingg

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Mar 17 16:05:20 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 04:36:42PM +0100, Benjamin Hagemann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> * Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> [2010-03-17 14:48]:
>
> > e.g. want to hand out our own SIM cards at an event like a CCC congress
> > or HAR2009 ?  In that case, we would have to cut hundreds of cards
> > manually, not a really great exercise.  I personally like roh's proposal
> > for using the CNC to create our own punching tool sooner or later.
>
> what do you think about this tool:
> http://www.magicsim.com/cn/sim/uploadfile/2006721201153668.GIF

this is a tool for punching holes in cards that are already ID-0 size.
Those can be found everywhere, but it's not what we want.

> An other question: Is it not possible to buy SIM cards finish cutted?

you can, but either not freely programmable SIM cards, or only for very
high sample prices.

So you get either ID0 size, XOR inexpensive XOR freely programmable, but
never all three of them.