Sim

Sébastien Lorquet squalyl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 09:04:07 UTC 2010

Hi,

I know that smart card EEPROMS are rated for 100k writes, but I would not
rely on that. In fact, this depends on how often is the EF.Kc file written,
which was my original question. Every 30 seconds or every day? Every day is
of course OK.

Additionally, how often are these other files written (LOCI, BCCH) ?

SmartCardFocus has a ID0 cutting service, that can turn any card into a SIM
sized module:
http://www.smartcardfocus.com/shop/ilp/id~82/p/index.shtml
This is the best option I know so far.

However for devel purposes, as layer 2-3 will be developed on a PC, most
people will need/use a PCSC reader and a normal sized card. Any javacard
will do, even dual interface cards such as JCOP31 or Cosmo or older
Cyberflex. my applet will have no specific requirement on javacard support,
JC 2.1.x or 2.2.x will do.

Regards
Sebastien