Building Osmocom

Tiago Maluta tiago.maluta at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 11:58:03 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 5:47 AM, Zaki Ud Din <fyproject14 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a little new to ubuntu and am trying to build osmocom-bb but i am
> facing some problems in doing so. I found your emial address in the .c files
> present in the Osmocom-bb folder. I have downloaded the GNU toolchain for
> ARM which is the first step in building Osmocom. But I am not able to
> understand the second step in which I have to set a path to include the
> arm-elf-* executables of the toolchain. Would you please help me on this?

You must update the PATH environment variable with the toolchain info.

Suppose your arm-elf-* toolchain are in /opt/arm/toolchain/bin
$ export PATH=/opt/arm/toolchain/bin:$PATH

This will be valid only to the current shell instance. To use by every
instance you could, for example, put the command in your ~/.bashrc
file. So, when you start new sessions arm-elf-* is accessible.

--tm