some links for Nokia N95

Benjamin Hagemann benny at benny.de
Wed Feb 24 19:10:13 UTC 2010

hello :)

okay, I know here is the focos for open / free baseband implementation,
first for the Calypso chipset.

I have collected some more links  about application proessor / nokia
smartphones  today. I hope these do not disturb so much.

Hw sx1
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/linux-on-sx1/index.php?title=Hardware_Siemens_SX1

Linux on N70
http://n70linux.wordpress.com/ (by sledge ?)

  "OMAP 1710 has Locosto/Calypso secure ROM"
  "All Nokia’s registers are re-mapped from orig OMAP specs.. Nokia did it
   on purpose as special order to Texas Instruments.                               So we will have to blind-probe the memory addresses to find out all
   those right addressings.. As well as by disassembling current ARM apps."

  "kernel-mode source available to play with!"

Linux on Nokia6630
http://franz47root.wordpress.com/2007/07/27/linux-on-nokia-6630/ (by sythenast)

TI Presentation: OMAP - RF
http://www.microsoft.com/india/msdn/events/Session%206%20-%20Making%20Wireless.pps_
Page 17

http://www.texas-instruments.com/corp/docs/investor/analyst2003/delfassy/wireless.pdf
Page 11

Nokia Schematic Section
http://www.gsm-extreme.net/showthread.php?t=22426
http://www.gsm-extreme.net/showthread.php?t=25480
http://www.gsm-extreme.net/showthread.php?t=22148
http://www.nokia-tuning.net/

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100774

  "You have no control over it, and the only way to determine it is by
   examining the system source code to see how the manufacturer did it
   (unless you have access to a low-level debugger that can tell you
   what's going on in the device)."                                                => open source symbian

http://developer.symbian.org/wiki/index.php/Symbian_OS_Internals/2._Hardware_for_Symbian_OS

"Cellular Baseband Services Guide"
http://developer.symbian.org/main/documentation/reference/s%5E3/doc_source/guide/Telephony/index.html

=> Baseband Channel Adaptor (BCA) Framework, Inter System Commmunications
(ISC)

http://developer.symbian.org/main/documentation/reference/s%5E3/doc_source/guide/Telephony/telephony_utilities/etel_telephony_api_for_applications/etel_telephony_api_for_applications_index.html#etel_telephony_api_for_applications.index

but when you search about the Inter System Communications you only found
"restricted access" pages - only for members of Symbian Foundation.

Komponente für die Empfangssteuerung: (nokia) (end of page)
http://www.nokiaport.de/index.php?mid=&pid=iccompbb5
http://www.nokiaport.de/index.php?mid=&pid=iccompdct4

interesting - an other project by Harald, which I do not noticed before:
http://openezx.org/
"The OpenEZX project tries to gather information about the Linux-based
Motorola EZX phone platform (mainly the A780, E680 and E680i phones)."

and there I found sledge with this N70 project:

"Offtopic/ask for assistance: Linux on Nokia N70 (OMAP 1710)"
https://lists.gnumonks.org/pipermail/openezx-devel/2009-June/002998.html

FPGA Implementation of a GSM Baseband Processor
http://www.techonline.com/electronics_directory/techpaper/193103486

ATMEL Embedded ASIC Macrocell: Wireless Baseband ASF08 GSM Baseband Receive Port
http://www.atmelroma.it/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc2756.pdf

Signal Processing Blockset 6.10 - GSM Digital Down Converter
http://www.mathworks.de/products/sigprocblockset/demos.html?file=/products/demos/shipping/dspblks/dspddc.html

--
kind regards,

	Benny