SIM

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Feb 21 17:17:05 UTC 2010

Hi Azrael,

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 05:15:52PM +0100, azrael01 wrote:

> I'm new at this project and I've no experience to program a complete SIM
> card. But I've experience to implement the ISO-7816 standard on a
> ARM-Cortex-M3, so that you have a SIM-interface (SIM emulation) between
> the PC an the Mobile equipment.
> However, if I can help I'll be pleased to hear from you.

As you can see from previous mails, dexter will be working on a driver for the
SIM card reader shortly.  So please coordinate with him if you intend to work
in the same area.

I think if you want to play with OsmocomBB, you should get started by
first getting a compatible phone, building the existing codebase and playing
around with it.  After that you can check again with this mailing list what's
the status of of the SIM card reader driver and which parts of e.g. iso7816
still need to be implemented.

Thanks in advance,