some questions

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Feb 21 14:02:36 UTC 2010

Hi Ilya,

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 03:08:07PM +0200, Ilya Petrov wrote:

> What this code is based on?

on nothing really.  We wrote it from scratch.  There are some smaller functions
that we imported from OpenPCD (src/target/firmware/src/lib directory), mostly
about sprintf() and related functions.

> Is this a port of some rtos to calypso?

We do not have an operating system as of now.  All we run on the phone at the
moment is the GSM Layer1, there is no need for different tasks/threads
and scheduling (which an small RTOS is mostly about).

There is no immediate need for an OS either, as we will initially work
on writing the Layer 2 / Layer3 on the PC while running Layer1 on the phone
itself.

At some later point where there are actually multiple tasks on the phone (like
a UI, the Layer1, Layer2 and Layer3, etc.) we have to decide if we want to use
any existing RTOS...