newer more expensive phones

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Fri Feb 19 23:33:50 UTC 2010

Hello.

On Sat, 2010-02-20 at 02:19, Mohammad Hosein wrote:
> i've got a couple of newer Motorola phones like the milestone also some new
> HTC phones around
> any chance these can be used to start playing ?

No. For now we only there is only support for the Calypso baseband. Newer
smartphones like the one you mentioned use other chipsets. Everything that has
EDGE and above is a good indicator that no Calypso is included.

We are really looking forward to getting OsmocomBB running on other basebands,
but for now Calypso is all we support.

regards
Stefan Schmidt