Problems while building osmocomBB

Begerad Stefan begy at online.de
Tue Aug 31 18:22:22 UTC 2010

Hi guys,
I dunno if that is the right place for my concern about building the
osmocomBB source. Here is what I already have done:

- downloading the sources for osmocomBB and GNU toolchain for ARM,
- setting the PATH for the arm-elf-* executables,
- calling make in the src directory.

Now, this appears as response of the make command in the terminal:

cd shared/libosmocore/build-host && ../configure
configure: error: cannot find install-sh, install.sh, or shtool in ".."
"../.." "../../.."
make: *** [shared/libosmocore/build-host/Makefile] Error 1.

If you need details about my system, you can look at the following
snippet from the config.log file:

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

It was created by libosmocore configure UNKNOWN, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.65.  Invocation command line was

   $ ../configure

## --------- ##
## Platform. ##
## --------- ##

hostname = ubuntu-stefan
uname -m = x86_64
uname -r = 2.6.32-24-generic
uname -s = Linux
uname -v = #41-Ubuntu SMP Thu Aug 19 01:38:40 UTC 2010

/usr/bin/uname -p = unknown
/bin/uname -X     = unknown

/bin/arch              = unknown
/usr/bin/arch -k       = unknown
/usr/convex/getsysinfo = unknown
/usr/bin/hostinfo      = unknown
/bin/machine           = unknown
/usr/bin/oslevel       = unknown
/bin/universe          = unknown

PATH: /usr/local/sbin
PATH: /usr/local/bin
PATH: /usr/sbin
PATH: /usr/bin
PATH: /sbin
PATH: /bin
PATH: /usr/games
PATH: /home/stefan/osmocomBB/gnuarm-4.0.2/bin

## Core tests. ##

configure:2032: error: cannot find install-sh, install.sh, or shtool in

So, I would be very glad, if someone could give me a hint to solve the
problem. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
begy