using BTSAP from layer23

Sébastien Lorquet squalyl at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 11:42:45 UTC 2010

Hi,

The startup is not complicated and no 'official' sequence is defined.
You must power up the card, then reset  it and read the ATR.
Then, a PPS exchange can optionally be done (please refer to ISO7816-3 or
GSM 11.11) to optimize the transfer speed with the SIM.

Please also include a provision for sending additional startup apdus (or at
least one), such as SELECT APPLICATION apdus. However, this is not required
for a standard SIM or in a preliminary version.

When this project started, we mentioned the ability to route the SIM
requests to a standard PCSC reader via pcsclite.
Please include this ability in your code, along with communication with the
embedded sim reader.
This will be very useful when we'll be ready to use our own sim cards (I'm
--part-part-time-- working on this).

Regards
Sebastien.

PS: don't forget that communication with a card is always part of exchanges.
The ATR always accompanies the reset operation, and the response apdu is
always linked to the command apdu.