Layer 3 status

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 13:22:11 UTC 2010

Hi,

> i will start testing it tonight and hope to get results soon.

Here's a few bug reports

Sorry, there are no 'proper' fix or patches for them, I just worked
around them with ugly hacks see if I could get up to LOCATION UPDATE
REQUEST, then it was kinda late ... I hope just pointing them out will
help you a bit anyway.

1) Typo in src/host/layer23/src/gsm322.c -> gsm322_a_sel_first_plmn

        /* if no PLMN in list */
-       if (plmn_first) {
+       if (!plmn_first) {

2) BCCH message don't have the same header.

See in src/host/layer23/src/gsm48_rr.c in gsm48_rr_unit_data_ind

struct gsm48_hdr *gh = msgb_l3(msg);

But in BCCH some message don't have this header and have a 'L2 pseudo
length' field ...

3) You do a msgb_free on messages in , but the layer 1 will actually
have freed those message already.

See src/host/layer23/src/main.c in layer2_read(struct bsc_fd *fd)

    l1ctl_recv((struct osmocom_ms *) fd->data, msg);
    msgb_free(msg);   // <======

    Sylvain