Patch: UART initialisation, serial port errors

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Sun Apr 11 20:58:53 UTC 2010

Hello Christian,

I had the suspicion that a UART reset in the code is missing,
however I could not verify that because I never had those
problems with wrong bytes.

Out of curiousity, have you tried if just the following line is
enough to fix the problems you noticed ?

> +	uart_reg_write(uart,  MDR1, 0x07); /* turn off UART */

This should cause the UART to be reset and I would expect that
setting the XON/XOFF characters is not needed as long XON/XOFF
handshake is not turned on.

Thanks and best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de