questions about layer 1 interface

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Apr 8 03:18:15 UTC 2010

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 02:19:20PM +0200, Andreas.Eversberg wrote:

> currently i am working on radio ressource layer and the sub processes
> for 1) network selection, 2) cell selection, and 3) location update
> trigger process.

Andreas, as indicated in my other mail, I am currently working on those
parts that are needed for cell (re)selection anyway, so it would be good
to not duplicate work here.

However, the required changes to our current layer1 are probably a bit
more than I hoped for, so it definitely won't be ready in a day or two.

Meanwhile, if you want to test location updating and other higher level
parts, I suggest you simply use a fixed ARFCN for testing.

Please also note that the current lapdm.c code is far from being
complete, there are no retransmissions, etc. yet.

Also, layer1 TX side still has a problem where it transmits the bursts
all off-by-one timeslot, i.e. only 3 out of 4 bursts of a message are
received correctly by the BTS, the other burst is sent at a different
(wrong!) point in time, disturbing some other phone on the same cell.

But as indicated, I was on holidays for four weeks, so everything is
quite stalled.

Harald.