Sendsms using cli

Craig Reading craig.reading1 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 13:57:11 UTC 2013

Joel,

I have played with sendsms and the results seem hit and miss. Sometimes
OpenBTS core dumps. After a power cycle of my Nokia MS the first SMS is
received OK e.g.

sendsms 234100516180928 SabreTek Hello

with a Wireshark trace showing:

GSM SMS            87           I, N(R)=0, N(S)=1(DTAP) (SMS) CP-DATA (RP)
RP-DATA (Network to MS)

The next SMS does not get received and I see the following error in the
OpenBTS logs:

GSML2LAPDm.cpp:925:sendMultiframeData: obj: 0x8b14078 attempt to send DATA
on released LAPm channel

I would up the log level on GSM L2 and continue investigations here.

config Log.Level.GSML2LAPDm.cpp DEBUG

PS: You can clear the TMSI table using the following SQL in a file named
"TMSI.sql":

BEGIN TRANSACTION;
DELETE FROM TMSI_TABLE;
COMMIT;

Then:

sqlite3 -init TMSI.sql /etc/OpenBTS/OpenBTS.db ".quit"

Regards
Craig