UmTRXv2 - Stacking capability for the UMTRXv2 RF frontends.

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 05:40:31 UTC 2012

Hi Daud,
I've copied the mailing list, as I believe the question belongs there.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 1:20 AM, Daud Suleiman <msdaudi at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am very excited and glad and happy for the UmTRX project. I would like to
> know if you have plans for stacking capability for the RF frontend. I am
> assuming that there is only 2TXs. Int he event that a client needs more TXs,
> say 12TXs, have you any plans to stack as many RF frontends and or UmTRXs?

Yes, we have an option to stack UmTRX'es, but it is only to share
clock source and/or GPS source, i.e. you still have to connect each
UmTRX to the Ethernet. As long as connecting to an Ethernet switch
works fine, so we don't see this as an issue.

Later we may consider implementing true stacking when stacked units
share Ethernet port, like with USRPs. This might be a useful endeavor,
but we don't want to dive into this until we have everything else
settled.

CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио