UmTRXv2 are back from a fab

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 20:58:25 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Today we've received first units of UmTRXv2 from a fab. The unit is lovely
to look at - find the picture attached. I hope it will show no less great
performance when we turn it on.

In addition to fixed bugs this version has following major changes. I may
have forgotten something, but these are the most important changes:
 * better form factor (10x16cm Eurocard)
 * doesn't have RF switches on board (the're moved to a frontend for higher
flexibility)
 * newer GPS module (EB-570)
 * U.FL connectors by default (to simplify automated mounting)
 * optional connector for external front panel (for waterproof casing)
 * tantalum capacitors instead everywhere (for longer life)
 * wider input power voltage range (8-28VDC)

We consider this version as pre-production. I.e. it will go into production
if there are no serious bugs. Now our task is to bring up the board and
check for all possible bugs before we go forward.

PS White squares on the picture is not because we obscure the photo - it's
white thermal pads which the fab placed atop of chips instead of placing
them at the bottom of PCB.

CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио