UmTRX v1b coming soon

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Mon May 21 10:15:59 UTC 2012

Andrey,

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 6:46 PM, Andrey Sviyazov <andreysviyaz at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) Is it used somewhere? In the datasheet there is probable errors, for
> example, 1PPS is specified as input.

Use this datasheet, here it's marked as output:
http://www.transystem.com.tw/product/66/EB-570%20Data%20Sheet%20V1.4.pdf
Probably you have an older version of the datasheet.

> 2) There are inputs Reset and Standby. The first can be left open, and the
> second is possible need to be connected to to FPGA.

Yes.

> 3) There Is RTC_CLK_O we don't need him? And that there may be, 32768?

Could you route it to a test-point or a 2-pin IDC? I don't think we
need this, but it's better to have an ability to access it.

> 4) Which of two UART's better to use or are they equivalent? There are no
> any words in datasheet about it.

Use TX0/RX0 (pins 13/14), which is default to NMEA - see the datasheet above.

> 5) Unfortunately no place for both on PCB and we can use either EB-230 or
> EB-570.

Then we have to use EB-570.

CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио