Improving LMS6002 phase noise

Alexander Chemeris Alexander.Chemeris at fairwaves.ru
Mon Jul 23 20:25:16 UTC 2012

Hi Andrey,

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 10:44 PM, Andrey Sviyazov
<andrey.sviyazov at fairwaves.ru> wrote:
> Today I found why noises and spurs are really happens in UmTRXv1.

Finally, we could say UmTRX is good at phase noise.

> 1) Only full disabling (no power) GPS module can kill all near spurs.

I wonder whether EB-570 is any better. And if EB-570 is no better -
how could we protect LMS from this noise?

> 2) To get good noises the next changes are required:
> - replace choke L6 by capacitor 10nF..0.1uF.
> - remove C45.

Is it possible to apply those changes for UmTRXv2 without PCB changes?

CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио