tetra-demod.py chain pipe error

Jacek Lipkowski sq5bpf at lipkowski.org
Thu Apr 2 18:12:52 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2 Apr 2015, Espectro Digital wrote:

> Hello, I'm trying to receive tetra signal from rtl_sdr by tetra-demod.py, but I got this error:
>
> rtl_sdr -s 195312 -f 392.1M -|demod/python/tetra-demod.py -s 195312 -i /dev/stdin -o /dev/stdout|./float_to_bits /dev/stdin /dev/stdout|./tetra-rx /dev/stdin

seems rtl_sdr is not generating the proper format. this was one of the
items on my list, give me a few days - i will try to find a solution
during the easter holiday, and send it to you. the software was meant to
be used with multiple receivers, so this should not be a problem.

[...]
> Q: Why don't you learn python?
> A: That's the last bullet in my belt, but i wanna try something faster :)

i used the python stuff because it was already there, but prefer c too.

> Now a question for you all. Why is not there a C version of tetra demodulator?

the qpsk demodulator is in python (i might try a c version later), the
rest down the chain is proper c.

jacek