educational samples and theoreticaly ways to get them

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Mon Apr 25 16:48:48 UTC 2011

Hello Sylvain,

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 14:23:03 +0000, 246tnt at gmail.com wrote:

> It's sometime possible to find just the FW files from some "shady
> connections", but it's unclear if they'd work or if they depend on some HW
> feature and at > 200 eur per handset not many people are ready to risk
> bricking them for experiments :p

You can buy handsets with TEA on ebay, you can even buy TEA firmware
files for certain handsets on ebay (TEA1, TEA2 and TEA3) are available.

I don't know if selling the firmware files is perfectly legal and I
don't want to discuss this. But having a handset with TEA firmware
does not help much, at least not for Motorola handsets. The reason
is that there seems to be no obvious way to put know keys into the
handset. From what I heared there seems to exist some sort of
obfuscated/encrypted key file which can transfer keys to a handset
but I never seen one of those files.

If anyone knows more details and/or has a key file with know keys,
please let me know.

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de