SIMtrace v0.7

Kevin Redon kevredon at mail.tsaitgaist.info
Mon May 9 08:35:54 UTC 2011

corrections added : https://gsm.tsaitgaist.info/SIMtrace/v0.7+/

>> - bootloader switch added
>
> see my comment from the last mail

pull-down added

>> - jack connector added (for the debug)
>> - WP from flash connected
>
> great.  Does the SAM7 have an internal pull-down on nWP?  If not, we
> should add one, just to be sure the power-up default state is LOW.

pull-down added

> I am not familiar with USB buffers?  How do they work?
It's not a buffer (just me not knowing what I do).
It's just and emi filter, replacing the R and C for the USB.

> So I don't really see a choice but to have a software-controlled USB
> reset option.  Once again, we know that this part is working in OpenPCD
> 0.4 (we had a couple of earlier versions, and they all had some
> shortcomings).  It's really useful to have both the nRESET as well as
> the GPIO controlled usb-pullup (called UDP_PUP) in OpenPCD.

That is the part I never understood in openPCD. What was the purpose of
USB_PUP ?
Now I understand (finally). Thus I did the same as openPCD now.

Waiting for next corrections,
Kevin