HackRF powered antenna support (pleeeeease :)

Brad Hein k1gto at comcast.net
Thu Jan 22 17:03:57 UTC 2015

I would like to humbly request support for hackrf antenna power in gr-osmosdr. At runtime preferably, or at least an init string flag to control it
(hackrf=0,antenna_power=1 for example). The function call seems to be hackrf_set_antenna_enable() but it's not exposed in gr-osmosdr as far as I can tell.

I have some dev experience (but not in C) but I'm falling short trying to understand the code and add the feature myself. If someone wants to provide some "ELI5" guidance I'll be happy to give it another go.

Having this feature would open up the powered antenna feature to users of gr-osmosdr such as gnuradio, gqrx, and the list goes on (big win!)

Reference:
https://www.mail-archive.com/hackrf-dev@greatscottgadgets.com/msg00423.html

Thanks!
Brad