OpenBSD: crashing

keenerd keenerd at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 05:43:14 UTC 2013

I think I've fixed all the problems with rtl_fm.  It does not use the
async helper functions any more.  For my purposes async mode is
broken.  No clue what happened, but when you re-turn it freezes up on
rtlsdr_demod_read_reg(dev, 0x0a, 0x01, 1); line 476 of librtlsdr.c.
The new code is still multithreaded and should be just as fast.

My patch is at
https://github.com/keenerd/rtl-sdr

It would be nice to hear if this fixes the OpenBSD problems, and a
confirmation that the new code still runs under windows.

-Kyle
http://kmkeen.com